Let's do this.
I know I said I wasn't going to work this summer, and technically I'm not writing something new...just revising. Plus, I'm expecting another round of edits for book 3 (Sweet Reckoning) soon, so I can't get out of all work 100%. But I promise I'm not working as much as normal. Not even close! :)
Everything takes longer for me in the summer because I have my precious babies all day, every day, so I can only work at night and during the week of July while they're in camp. Over the next three weeks I will be reading through my Irish fantasy, See Me, adding the new scene that I have in mind, and doing a general revision. I'm not changing any of the big stuff. I want to wait and see what my new beta readers say first. To learn more about my new book, See Me, and find out what the heck we're talking about, read my post from yesterday.
The reader response to my last post was outstanding. You guys are so supportive and incredible - you always make me emotional! Thank you.
I want a well-rounded group of beta readers, teens and adults, experienced critics/reviewers and unexperienced. I honestly have no idea how I'll chose. It might have to be a name draw, because the pressure is too much for me, lol.
What would be expected of you as a beta reader?
- You would be emailed the manuscript/Word doc by July 15th, and you'd have approximately three weeks to provide feedback (I'd need it back the first week of August). Please only enter if you're available during this timeframe.
- You would be expected to give me your honest opinion about what you didn't like, what you'd prefer to see changed (if anything), and basically just your overall thoughts. I'm not looking for unwarranted praise. Only your complete honesty can help me improve the story. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. :)
- You could not, under any circumstances, share the story with anyone else or I would be very sadface.
If you are interested in reading See Me and providing feedback which will help me revise, please answer the following questions in the comment section of this blog post (people reading this on Goodreads will need to visit my actual blog to comment - comments made on Goodreads will not be considered):
1) Your first name
2) Are you a teen or an adult (18+)?
3) Have you ever done a full book critique/beta read for anyone?
I will post my list of beta readers this Friday, June 28th, so check back then!!! *big, squeezy hugs*